So I’m just stealing time from myself right now to write this, but I realize that unless I do steal time, I will never, ever write anything that floats through my head as a potential post.
I may not even be able to edit or make this anything more than rambling because I just need to get it down before I have to go.
I’m at work, after hours, and decided to check up on email and stuff before I got in the car (rather than on the highway, which in my addle-pated mind is the PERFECT time to check email *sigh*), and I saw an updated blog post from my BFF, and I realized that I haven’t written anything in a week. Not actually physically written anything. I’ve thought the thoughts, but not dotted the dots. Or whatever. It hasn’t happened. And that’s because I never steal the time to sit down and write.
Things I have stolen time to do lately:
- go to yoga
- clean the house
- take care of pets
- watch stuff on Netflix, lately “Touch” the TV series
- go to Girl Scout meetings
- try to learn about the credit-card swipers that people can use this year for cookies
- get extra work stuff done on my own time
- work on my second house to get it ready to rent
- meet with friends for coffee
- read out loud to my kids
- go shopping and buy healthy food
- check and post stuff on Facebook (although this week, I’m choosing to be less active on that)
Things I need to steal time to do:
- go to yoga, but this time at the wacky new times they offer
- do laundry (yuck!) but really, now I’m digging in the clean laundry baskets for underwear, and that’s just never good
- do art
- write letters to all of these people I’ve been meaning to write to
- store the Christmas stuff in the attic instead of in boxes in the craft room
- get my hair cut
- go to the doctor for a check-up
- go to the dentist
- go for a walk in a beautiful place
- read a good book
- read with my kids
- set up Girl Scout cookie booth sales
- make lunches the night before
And now? Now I need to steal the time to drive through the wet streets to pick up my kids, feed them, do homework, chores, etc., and still get to the yoga class I want to attend. Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!